Who else wants to convert normal website visitors into buyers?
If you are looking for proven ways to turn visitors into repeat buyers, you need to master the art of “content marketing”.
It is the art of turning random visitors into loyal customers. Not only content marketing helps you with your website sales but it will also provide you a solid platform for making your blog a passive income source without sounding like a sales guy!
Getting results from a blog is really hard especially when you do not have a prior online reputation. The majority of bloggers quit because they do not see enough results in terms of traffic or sales from their blogs.
That is the reason why we have created an advanced guide to content marketing strategy to solve all your needs. Are you curious to know how to use it to get the best results from blogging? Let us jump into the details.
What is content marketing strategy?
Content marketing strategy is all about creating problem-solving content and sharing it for free to attract and convert website visitors into buyers.
In simple terms, content marketing is a strategy that uses your content to build awareness and trust with your target audience before turning them into customers to increase your sales.
In traditional marketing, you will make money by showing ads, publishing paid reviews, using paid membership sites, etc. Whereas in content marketing, instead of showing ads to interrupt your website visitors (to make money), you are giving away lots of valuable articles, videos, and Infographics for free. The more value you create with your content, the more people will listen to you. This helps to build trust over time.
Later, once you build trust, you can sell or promote the products they are looking for. Usually, in content marketing, people use their email lists to make money. So, the email list is the key to a successful content marketing strategy.
The benefits of content marketing strategy
Most of you are already aware of the term called “content marketing” but if you are still unsure of the advantages that content marketing provides, here are a few amazing benefits.
- It is the surefire way to turn visitors into buyers
- It educates your readers
- It helps you understand better about your audience
- It boosts your sales without being pushy
- It helps you attract quality links from other blogs
Enough said! Let us now talk about how you can use content marketing to build trust and increase your sales online.
Find out what kind of content your audience is craving for
Building a strong foundation is the key to content marketing. Find out what your audience is looking for. Before diving into content marketing, you need to understand your audience.
Answer the following important questions before you begin:
- What’s the biggest problem your target audience are facing?
- What do they need to solve their problem?
- Where are they going to find answers for their problems? (list your competition)
Once you have convincing answers to the above questions, it becomes easier for you to create a content marketing strategy that helps you create what your audience want.
Create a content plan
Once you know who your audience are and what type of content they are looking for, you need to create a content creation plan to turn visitors into buyers with your content. Here are the three simple steps to launch a solid content marketing plan.
- Posting frequency – You need to find out your ideal posting frequency. Although you do not have to post daily but you need to be consistent with your posting schedule. If your readers are aware of your posting frequency, they will come back to your sites frequently. That’s a great strategy for keeping your visitors coming back and making them stick to your sites.
- Posting length – We all know, quality content beats everything. Also make sure to find out how many words you need to create a quality post for your readers. It’s always better to write detailed articles with around 2000 to 3000 words. This will not only make your audience think that you know what you are talking about but it will also help you boost your search rankings as Google loves detailed content over short articles.
- Competitor analysis – When creating a content strategy for your blog, it is important to analyze your competition. Find out their posting frequency, word count, social shares, headlines, etc. to better understand their content creation plan. If you can do better than them, you will go ahead with them in attracting qualified buyers to your sites.
One of the simplest ways to promote your content to wider audience is to be everywhere. We know it’s really hard to be everywhere if you have zero online connections, but we’ll lay out few simple strategies to get more exposure to your content by being everywhere.
- SEO – Whether you agree it or not, search engine optimization is the sole element in creating a profitable blog that makes money. Without getting traffic from search engines, it is impossible to attract readers who want to buy what you sell. So, focus on increasing your overall SEO traffic to lay out an effective content marketing strategy.
- Blog comments and guest posts – Everyone thinks that guest blogging is dead, but really it is not. In fact, guest blogging is still one of the most epic ways to reach out to more people with your content. You need to focus on creating high quality guest posts to attract potential customers to your sites instead of focusing on building backlinks.
- Social – Social media shares are one of the crucial factors that decide your search rankings. Google gives more importance to the sites that get more social shares (whether it is from Facebook, twitter or Pinterest). So, spend your time actively on social media sites to explore others and interact with the influencers in your industry to boost your online reputation.
- Email – If you do not have an email list, you’re losing a lot of money and traffic on the table. Observe any successful marketer, you will find out that majority of his income comes from the email list. Do you know why? Because email list is permission marketing, that means people are giving you permission to you. If you build trust and promote the right kind of products that will solve their problems – they will buy from you no matter what! So, start building an email list as soon as possible, also focus on giving a free incentive to quickly boost your email subscribers.
- Interviews – Conduct interviews with the industry experts. Find out the most popular topics in your niche by using tools like Semrush, Moz, Buzzsumo etc. Then ask relevant questions and contact most popular bloggers in your niche. Then promote the interviews and ask for a tweet from the influencers whom you interviewed to quickly increase your blog exposure.
Assess your analytics
Once you are doing the above steps perfectly, it is time for you to spy on your analytics. Creating engaging content is not enough, you also need to find out whether your content is getting good results or not.
You can evaluate the following stats to make sure your content is doing well.
- Check your social shares per each post
- Check the number of comments you get
- Find out if people are sending you emails for thanking you (after creating a great post)
- Spy on your Google analytics report
Use Google analytics to your advantage, it is not only a free tool but it is perfect tool for finding out your top pages and high performing keywords. If few keywords are generating you more traffic from search engines, then you need to consider using the relevant keywords on your upcoming posts to bring more traffic from Google.
Refine and repeat
Once the above steps are done correctly, you need to refine the results of what strategies are performing well and which type of contents sending more results.
Repeat the strategies that are working well for you and refine the things that are not giving you the better results. Also remember that, traffic from search engines take time especially if you’ve a fairly new blog.
Any blog that generates a lot of traffic from search engines is because of one factor: they get a lot of incoming links from other blogs. So, you need to focus on building quality backlinks in order to ensure that your blog is performing well on Google search results.
Try guest posts, create Infographics and videos to attract natural backlinks to your blogs. If you want to find out the creative strategies to build quality links, try “blogger outreach strategy”.
In a nutshell, blogger outreach strategy is all about grabbing others attention to linking to your content. Blogger outreach strategy is one of the most critical ingredients in your advanced content marketing strategy. Without the help of other bloggers in your niche, your blog won’t perform well in social media sites or Google search results.
Before seeking for help, always help others, frequently link out to the posts that are of high quality. Overtime, you will see a lot of good results using blogger outreach strategy.
Content Marketing Strategies For 2023 – FAQs
- Does content marketing help with more business in 2023?
- What are the latest content marketing trends for 2023?
- Influencer marketing still works like a charm
- Long-form articles always rank better
- Brand storytelling works great no matter what industry you are in
- Be everywhere (on video platforms such as YouTube, content platforms like Medium & Quora, and podcasts as it
helps you engage with more people)
- What is the future of video marketing?
- YouTube has over 2 billion logged-in monthly users
- By 2025, half of the viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service
- YouTube is the 2nd most visited website in the world
- Why content marketing is important?
Absolutely yes. People these days are doing a lot of research (be it reading articles or watching videos) before buying anything online. That means they are educating themselves about the products or services they are going to use before taking out their wallets to purchase.
Here are a few content marketing trends that can help you dominate in 2022 and beyond.
It doesn’t matter what niche you are in, you should definitely consider video marketing if you want to see rapid growth as platforms like YouTube are growing rapidly.
That being said, here are a few interesting stats about YouTube video marketing in2023.
Content marketing helps you turn website visitors into email subscribers into loyal customers. It is important because it helps you build trust and awareness with your prospects around the products and services you offer.
Final Thoughts on Content Marketing Strategies to Follow
Creating sharable content is not easy unless you find out the already performing topic ideas in your niche. As a content marketing guy, you need to focus on creating high-quality content instead of focusing on solely increasing your traffic.
Always focus on creating problem-solving content, after all, your content is the lifeblood of making your blog successful. So, are you ready to give content marketing a serious try?
Dwarika Web Solutions is a leading SEO company that can help you outshine your competition in 2023 by performing the best content marketing. Feel free to contact us at +1 (855) 561-4557 to speak with a professional!